Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: various
Accepted Solution

Display PopupScreen on TouchEvent.DOWN - who gets TouchEvent.UP?

I'm writing this message both in hope to get an answer and, in case I find out myself, to post the reply with my findings.

Here is the situation:

I display (pushScreen inside invokeLater) a small PopupScreen (a tooltip) when a user touches a Field with the tooltip text (title, in HTML terminology) defined.

When the user removes the finger, I want the tooltip to go away (popScreen or close() from the popup itself).  However, I cannot find out which screen - the MainScreen below or the PopupScreen above - gets the TouchEvent.UP in this situation.  Debugger does not help much as it disrupts the touch event sequence.

If anyone has done something similar, please respond.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Developer
My Device: various

Re: Display PopupScreen on TouchEvent.DOWN - who gets TouchEvent.UP?

[ Edited ]

Found out the answer - no one gets TouchEvent.UP!  Due to a Screen being pushed the MainScreen gets TouchEvent.CANCEL immediately, as soon as the tooltip becomes visible.  Use the information as you see fit.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!