Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Documents To Go changes tracker and executor

i'm currently developing an application that may track the changes of word document and execute changes made from document A to document B (it's like a clone action). however i'm currently stuck at 2 points:

1) since blackberry is a multi-tasking OS, how can we know that the main front window is the documents to go?

2) i'm not able to execute commands from my application to documents to go. is there any way that i can do this? or is it just practically impossible?

and if there's any thread that has been discussing this one, what is the terminology for this kind of case? because i do not know the right keyword to search in this forum, hence so forth i only found one thread regarding my problem: Documents to go integration

any help will be greatly appreciated. Smiley Very Happy thanks before

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Documents To Go changes tracker and executor

There are no APIs to do what you are asking directly.  You can inject key events into another application using the EventInjector class, but it sounds like you are looking for something more advanced.

What you could do is make use of a FileSystemJournal listen to listen for when .doc files are modified.  You could then copy that document to a new location.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker