Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
kiwi10
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know how to set the auto answer feature of my blackberry programatically?

I have a  BlackBerry Pearl and know that I can set it to auto answer for when phone comes out of holster through the menu options but I was wondering if you can do that through code.  I"m writing an application that I want to turn the auto answer feature on and off when someone pushes a button.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Does anyone know how to set the auto answer feature of my blackberry programatically?

i'm not sure that you can toggle the auto answer property of the device programmatically.

but what you can do is use the EventInjector.

You can programmatically check if the device is "holster" and then you can also listen for incoming calls. then use the EventInjector

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=43295&query.id=10... 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
kiwi10
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Does anyone know how to set the auto answer feature of my blackberry programatically?

Cheers.  I had found some posts mentioning that but wasn't sure if that was the only way to do it as seemed a roundabout method.  I'll give it a go.
Please use plain text.