Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Downloading JRE problems

For some reason when I try to download JRE 4.6 or 4.7 it hangs after a few minutes. I think the max I've been able to get these to download is 15%. I've tried it at different times, even 3AM, and it made no difference. I've tried changes in my download manager and have gotten further when slowing my download down, but I haven't been able to get the complete download. I also notice that the download doesn't appear to allow pausing and continuing. If it could do that, it'd be a lot easier perhaps, as I could continue a previous download a few minutes at a time, but it insists on downloading from the start every time. I did manage to download 4.5, but I have a STORM and really want 4.7 or maybe 4.6.

One thing that just occurred to me is that I haven't tried downloading while logged in here. I'll try that next. In theory this shouldn't make a difference, but you never know.

Thank you if you can help.

-Donald

Developer

Re: Downloading JRE problems

Oops, I meant JDE, not JRE....sorry.

I did try it while logged in here and it made no difference. I also tried running Firefox in compatibility mode with XP/SP2 instead of VISTA. Also tried using IE and Safari browsers. All made no difference. Can blackberry place the JRE's on a mirror site or on sourceforge or something so us newbies can get it.

I have all the sun software and Netbeans 6.5 with Sun's mobility packages. However, they won't have the blackberry API extensions.

Again, anyone with any ideas or knowledge on this, please let me know. It's possible that since the Blackberry storm came out that a bunch of us are trying to access these files and it's slowing down that server????

Thanks

-Donald

Developer

I finally solved my own problem.

I was downloading over wifi. However, when I tried it over ethernet it worked.

solved!

Highlighted
Product Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you for your detailed investigation.  I'm moving this thread to the Java board.