Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
efsi
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

E-Mail Simulator skipping POP3 messages from Exchange 2007

Hi, using either "BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulators 4.1.2" or "BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulators 4.1.4" my simulator (OS4.2/8100) is setup and working well in Standalone mode against a local Outlook, but Connected mode fails to retrieve messages from Exchange 2007 POP3 service.  The ESS logs are as follows:

<Mon Nov 24 16:12:23 EST 2008>: [34] :<DEBUG>:<LAYER = ESS, msgs.length = 1>
<Mon Nov 24 16:12:23 EST 2008>: [35] :<DEBUG>:<LAYER = ESS, SKIPPING MESSAGE:n    uid=2>

The logs indicate authentication is working properly.  Why would it skip the new messages I'm adding to the user's inbox?  I've seen another link to the same problem that suggests it may be a bug with ESS and Exchange 2007.  Is it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: E-Mail Simulator skipping POP3 messages from Exchange 2007

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Messages were delivered without issue when connecting to an Exchange 2007 server.  Are there any other applications accessing the mailbox that could be modifying the message status (deleting, marking as read, etc...)?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
efsi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: E-Mail Simulator skipping POP3 messages from Exchange 2007

Thanks, MSohm...  I did have Outlook Web Access running for the user, likely marking the message as read before the ESS polled for it.
Please use plain text.