Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
laliux
My Device: Bold

Re: ERROR: module attemps to access secure API, BUT application signed.

The problem is only for the COD files in the App World.

The same COD files are distributed in my web site and I don't  have any report or any error about this problem. Just now, this is the option for my users when they install from App World and they don't can open my app.

By the way, in the App World doesn't exist JAD files, only COD. I can't check/change the size for this files :/

In my web site I have COD+JAD files.

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: ERROR: module attempts to access secure API, BUT application signed.

Can you get a copy of the cod files from the affected users?  They can use javaloader (included with the BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry Java SDK) to copy the cod files from their BlackBerry to their PC.  Once you have a copy of them, open the cod files up with the SignatureTool and see if it shows them as signed.

Have the users tried re-installing your application?  If so, do they still get the signing error?  Do all users install the same set of cod files or do you have different cods for different BlackBerry smartphone models/versions?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Regular Contributor
ber4444
My Device: all BB 7 (incl. prototypes)

I'm having the same problem on Bold 9700 with OS 5.0 -- it gives RRT error for an app that has been signed with keys that work just fine with 4.x 

Did you find a solution?

Developer
laliux

Hello @ber4444

No, unfortunately I didn't find the solution.

:/

Regular Contributor
ber4444

You know what I find strange is that I can run 4.x based apps (that use secure APIs) on 5.0 device, but as soon as I use e.g. browserfield2 (5.0 API) it doesn't run on the 5.0 device, even when signed with the same key.

Regular Contributor
ber4444

I managed to solve this problem with the help of knowledge base article DB-00717

Basically you need to create a small .csl file before signing, then you can install your .jad

Developer
laliux

hello @ber4444

The article mentioned applies only for the BlackBerry JDE. I'm using eclipse :smileyhappy:

Greetings.

Regular Contributor
ber4444

[ Edited ]

That doesn't matter, I'm also using Eclipse.

It's the signing tool that needs that little file.

Edit: it doesn't work again! I don't see the logic in [keep it courteous please and don't attempt to avoid the filter] blackberry

Contributor
dpolonsky
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

I am facing the same problem when running applciation developed under 4.6 JDE, trying to run it on 8900 4.6.1 :smileysad:

ERROR: module attemps to access secure API, when running application on device, which is freshly signed.

I have seen this article and their resolution

• Open the <your_project_name>.csl, file in a text editor and append the following line:
  • 52525400=RIM Runtime API

• Close the file. Opening the Signature Tool will show the RRT signature as Required and signing will now apply this signature to your application.

• but that line was already in my csl file.

Can anyone help me ?

New Contributor
    gschwarz
    My Device: Blackberry 9300

I have a similar problem.

When I compile in Eclipse, it says the module 'core'  is not found. So I compiled it with ant. The core.cod is included in the project, but I don't have a signature key for ant, so I need to sign with Eclipse.

Then I copy the project .cod file to overwrite the project .cod file in Eclipse and ask Eclipse to install the app in the device, it tries to sign the app and deploys.

I say it tries to sign because it shows some files as not signed.

sign.PNG

If I close the sign tool, the applciation seems to apply fine. When I try to run the application, then it says "App tries to access a secure API".

Any ideas?