Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
promosuite
My Device: Not Specified

ESS Help?

Hello All!  Alright, this simulator is really driving me crazy!  I don't know if it's just b/c I've never used a blackberry in my life, but it seems straight forward enough.

I'm running JDE 4.6, ESS is setup to connected mode.  I've got an email setup & when I send a plain text email (or even HTML email) to that email, in the ESS it'll show that it sees the email, it displays everything in the command window that's running, but nothing comes in to the bb simulator I'm running at the same time.  I also cannot send an email from the simulator either!  I can't think something's being blocked, especially if I can see the email come in through the command window.

What can be going on?  I don't know what other information to give, but if I'm missing anything crucial I'll get whatever you need!  Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: ESS Help?

Do you see any errors or exceptions in the ESS command prompt window?  What is the status of messages you are trying to send from the BlackBerry Simulator?  You can view it by opening the message and scrolling to the top.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
promosuite
My Device: Not Specified

Well actually my initial problem was resolved (receiving email to the simulator which is what I was most concerned about at the time).........turned out ports 110 & 25 were being blocked after all, both are now unblocked & I'm able to succesfully see email sent to the simulator.

Now when I try to send it, I get the check mark next to the message & it says that it was sent.  I'm now in Standalone mode to test the sending & I get no errors in the command window for the ESS, it seems like it sends through fine.  When I'm in Connected Mode, I get a 550 exception, "no such user here".  That's if I send it back to myself (to the email I'm sending from in the simulator), to another email of mine, or even when replying to the successfully received email?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

The 550 response would be coming from your email server.  It could be checking for a valid to/from email address.  Please verify the email address you have configured in the ESS and are using in your BlackBerry application.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.