05-25-2009 11:17 PM
I am using Eclipse 3.41, the latest version of the plug in (220.127.116.11) and I cannot get the debug function in eclipse to work properly.
I've seen one thread where the user had the same issue, but the resolution was that he reinstalled everything and it all worked.
The issue is this:
1) I set a breakpoint in the code
2) I start the app in debug mode (Run->Debug As->Blackberry Simulator)
3) I open the app on the simulator
4) The breakpoint is reached, Eclipse changes into debug view
5) The debug window shows that processing has stopped on the breakpoint, BUT the line of code which has the breakpoint is not highlighted AND the Step controls are disabled. Normally, I use F6 to step and F8 to continue, but those don't work either. There is a disconnect icon which is active, so clearly the thing is in debug mode, it's just the step controls the variables window do not work.
02-23-2010 01:28 PM
Got the same problem, please help!
People describe similar problems when they do on-device-debugging with different versions of device-OS and component pack, but this is not the case here. Just doing simulator debugging. Means on the simulator provided in the componentpack. (4.6.0)
Strange is that some projects do the debugging steps, some don't so I suppose its got something to do with the .debug files. Can I tell the simulator where to search for the debug files?
02-27-2010 11:18 AM - edited 02-27-2010 11:50 AM
I think I got something, it's worth a try. Something must be messed up in the project file in this case. I deleted every generated file from my project folder except for the .csl and .cso files.
all of them were generated again when running the next debugger session. Sometimes this solved the problem, sometimes the problem. Also clean your simulator.
Hope this helped someone