Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Eclipse 3.41, Debug is not working - step disabled

I am using Eclipse 3.41, the latest version of the plug in (1.0.0.67) and I cannot get the debug function in eclipse to work properly.

I've seen one thread where the user had the same issue, but the resolution was that he reinstalled everything and it all worked. 

The issue is this:

1) I set a breakpoint in the code

2) I start the app in debug mode (Run->Debug As->Blackberry Simulator)

3) I open the app on the simulator

4) The breakpoint is reached, Eclipse changes into debug view

5) The debug window shows that processing has stopped on the breakpoint, BUT the line of code which has the breakpoint is not highlighted AND the Step controls are disabled. Normally, I use F6 to step and F8 to continue, but those don't work either. There is a disconnect  icon which is active, so clearly the thing is in debug mode, it's just the step controls the variables window do not work.

Any ideas?

New Developer
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: SFR

Re: Eclipse 3.41, Debug is not working - step disabled

I have the same problem when using breakpoint on external sources in my Eclipse BlackBerry Project...

Developer

Got the same problem, please help!

People describe similar problems when they do on-device-debugging with different versions of device-OS and component pack, but this is not the case here. Just doing simulator debugging. Means on the simulator provided in the componentpack. (4.6.0)

Strange is that some projects do the debugging steps, some don't so I suppose its got something to do with the .debug files. Can I tell the simulator where to search for the debug files?

cheers rob

Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I think I got something, it's worth a try. Something must be messed up in the project file in this case. I deleted every generated file from my project folder except for the .csl and .cso files.

.jdp

.cod

.jar

.jad

.rapc

.debug

all of them were generated again when running the next debugger session. Sometimes this solved the problem, sometimes the problem. Also clean your simulator.

Hope this helped someone Smiley Happy