Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Eclipse I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2

hi

when i try to make a jar, i read in this forum that another user had the same problem, but there is no solution in the post.

Building mjsip at Thu Aug 28 12:41:25 CEST 2008.
X:\SW\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.0\bin\rapc.exe -javacompiler=X:\SW\jdk1.5\bin\javac.exe -quiet import="..\..\..\SW\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=..\mjsip\mjsip ..\mjsip\mjsip.rapc @mjsip_build.files
Exported static routine: .main(String[]) is multiply defined.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\sip\address\SipURL.java:49: Warning!: Invocation of questionable method: java.lang.String.<init>(String) found in: org.zoolu.sip.address.SipURL.<init>(String)
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\MessageDigest.java:74: Warning!: Invocation of questionable method: java.lang.String.<init>() found in: org.zoolu.tools.MessageDigest.asHex(byte[])
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\Log.java:152: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.Log.close()' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\Log.java:166: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.Log.printException(Exception)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\Log.java:184: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.Log.println(String)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\RotatingLog.java:58: Warning!: method 'j2me.RotatingLog.rotate()' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\net\IpAddress.java:60: Warning!: method 'j2me.net.IpAddress.clone()' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\net\SocketAddress.java:86: Warning!: method 'j2me.net.SocketAddress.clone()' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\net\UdpPacket.java:164: Warning!: method 'j2me.net.UdpPacket.setData(byte[])' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\net\UdpPacket.java:169: Warning!: method 'j2me.net.UdpPacket.setData(byte[],int,int)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\net\UdpPacket.java:174: Warning!: method 'j2me.net.UdpPacket.setLength(int)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\j2me\net\UdpProvider.java:107: Warning!: method 'j2me.net.UdpProvider.isRunning()' not invoked.

X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\Random.java:85: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.Random.nextString(int)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\Random.java:102: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.Random.nextHexString(int)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\SimpleDigest.java:126: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.SimpleDigest.digest(int,byte[],int,int)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\SimpleDigest.java:133: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.SimpleDigest.digest(int,byte[])' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\tools\SimpleDigest.java:139: Warning!: method 'org.zoolu.tools.SimpleDigest.digest(int,String)' not invoked.
X:\Workspaces\EclipseWorkspace\mjsip\src\org\zoolu\sip\message\BaseMessage.java:1219: Warning!: local variable(s) { rh } initialized but not used in: org.zoolu.sip.message.BaseMessage.rfc2543RouteAdapt()
I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado
Project mjsip built.

thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Eclipse I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2

Please see this link.

Support - I/O Error: CreateProcess
Article Number: DB-00081

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800901/Support...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Hi

I have done all that says in this article and the problem is still happend, i have to say that that problem only happend when i try to compile a j2me library to sip use, in the eclipse there is no errors in the source code so i dontk know what happend

Thanks

Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi i think that i found a bug, if you put more than 43 files in one package, Eclipse with the jde plugin says

I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado
Project j2meMjsip built.

and if you put 43 files or less eclipse says

Project j2meMjsip built.

i think that this is very strange

Message Edited by jllarraz on 08-29-2008 04:15 AM
Developer

one thing more i try to put the files in severals packages but there is one thing strange if the number of java class is lower than 99 in all project it says thats all is ok but if i put 100 it says the error.

Any idea why its happend?

Developer

[ Edited ]
I try with the jde ide and the result is the same with 99 files all is ok with more all crash
Message Edited by jllarraz on 08-29-2008 07:08 AM
Message Edited by jllarraz on 08-29-2008 07:09 AM
Developer

at last, i have to uninstall all Jde, eclipse, jdk, etc, and reinsatall, it seems that it works at the moment.
Developer

I am having this problem. I have more than 85 files. I do not know the exact count. If I add one more file, I get this error. If I remove it, the compilation works as expected.

Any recommendations?

Developer

verify that the version of java virtual machine is the same that is recommended for your jde version
Developer

I created another project. I made that project a library project. And Copy some code there. Then I set a project dependency from the main project to the library project. That way I reduced the number of files in each project.

Now it does not give this error. So for now it seems this solved the number of files problem.

The development environment (I am using Eclipse) seems very fragile. Not good.