Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
georg
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Eclipse Plugin Build Problem

Hello,

I have some trouble with the Beta 2 version of the Eclipse plugin. I need to get it working. I'm working on Vista and made a separate Eclipse 3.4.1 installation and added the BB Plugin. My problem is that it does not work. I'm not able to build my projects. Everything seems to be ok but if I start 'Build Project' happens nothing except for the classes being compiled and placed in the bin folder. No .cod, .debug or any other files are created.

Has anyone a similar configuration running successfully and can help me?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Eclipse Plugin Build Problem

To create cod files for the active projects you can press Alt+B or "Build Active BlackBerry Configuration" from the Project menu.  This should happen automatically when you launch the BlackBerry Simulator from Eclipse.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
georg

Oh yes that's what I was looking for. Thank you.

Nevertheless it feels a bit strange to me, this shortcut. I'm used to right click the project and select 'Build Project' from the Beta V1 Plugin. I think it was more intuitive than this.

New Developer
robnewport
My Device: Not Specified

Actually, I still cannot get it to compile.

I am running a vanilla version of Eclipse 3.4.1 with the BB Plugin that came with the stock installation from the BB site.

I can get the applications to run in the simulator when they are precompiled (came with the BB tutorials). 

However, when I try to write my own programs, nothing can make them compile (Alt + B) or selecting "Build Active Blackberry Configuration"

Also, if I clean a stock tutorial, it refuses to compile. No errors, no problems detected. Just no compilation.

I have javac working and configured in my environment tables.  

Is there a build setting a missed? Or should it compile out of the box.

New Developer
georg

May be because you don't have a BlackBerry Workspace or Eclipse don't know about it. (BlackBerry -> Configure BlackBerry Workspace)
New Developer
sammyh
My Device: Not Specified

After pulling out my hair with a similar issue, I found that the "Request Keys" window keeps the .cod file open, so it is never refreshed.  So check that too.