Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Eclipse, RRH, and rapc

Quote from previous forums:

skicson

Eclipse, RRH, and rapc
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 11:59 AM
I've been working pretty well with Eclipse and the blackberry tools for the last few weeks and now have started to take a look at the resource feature. I've seen that if I create rrc/rrh files, that a **Resource.java and .crb files get created in a Temp directory and then compiled automatically by rapc.

The problem though, is that Eclipse doesn't know where that source is and thus shows any resource references as unresolvable. However, everything compiles fine, even with the Eclipse errors.

Since I'm sure I'm not the first person to try doing this in Eclipse, I'm curious to know if/how others have dealt with this. I'd rather not have to manually copy/delete between each compile cycle, and I don't want to look at eclipse errors either.

Thanks for any help or insights.

Guest: Jimie
Re: Eclipse, RRH, and rapc
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 7:57 AM
I get the same issues. Please help.

Are you using Eclipse with the BlackBerry JDE Component Pack or are you using the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse?  Please report issues with the beta version of the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse to betadevsupport@rim.com
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
jhfisher
My Device: 8310

[ Edited ]

Had the same issue in Netbeans, here's some thoughts on it: 

http://www.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/b2/?p=80

Message Edited by jhfisher on 07-14-2008 04:02 PM
Developer
richard_puckett
My Device: Bold 9700

This post should probably go in the Feedback forum, but it might not be a bad idea to add a couple more forums: One for the JDE Plugin for Eclipse and one for the upcoming JDE Plugin for NetBeans.  I'd especially like to have some dialog on resource files (rrc vs JSR-238, etc).