Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Eclipse + System.out.println not working

I am using the latest version of the BB Plugin for Eclipse and I have deleted and reinstalled eclipse twice. However, when I try to debug the console comes up empty.

The JDE works great but seems so antiquated so I am trying to get things working in Eclipse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BB Plugin: 1.0.0.67

BB Component Pack: 4.7.0.46

JDK: 1.6 update 13

JD: 4.7 Final

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

Re: Eclipse + System.out.println not working

Anyone? Its a fresh install FYI.
Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

Bump.. not one reply? Is everyone using the JDE?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Megiddo
My Device: Not Specified

I've just checked it on my Eclipse with JDE 4.5 installed, and I see the system outs perfectly fine when I debug. Are you sure the program you have reaches the system out, or weither the right console window is on the foreground?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
subash
My Device: Not Specified

It doesnt display any system.out.println message , for me too. I use Eclipse 3.4.1 , BB OS API 4.3.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mantaker
My Device: Torch 9810

I got the same issue for which I used the workaround like Dialog.inform() for debugging purposes.. I suspect the issue is in BB plugin..Gives different results in different machine.. Maybe RIM missed the usecase testing :lmao:

Thanks,

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group
Please use plain text.
Developer
gregzav
My Device: 9630

Please use plain text.