Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Eclipse debugger not working

[ Edited ]

Okay, my head is about to explode now, but the eclipse debugger was working fine till about 2 hours ago, I changed a HTTP url to a HTTPS url and everything just broke. Debugger doesn't work, println doesn't work, I've run clean.bat multiple times, manually deleted debug files, created new work space, still nothing works.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Teja.

Developer

Re: Eclipse debugger not working

sorry, println seems to be working, I was just loosing the messages in all the messages that the simulator generates. Not sure why the debugger is not breaking, it says debugger attached and everything.

Developer

Anyone?

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

RIM Desktop software (including the simulators) isn't exactly sturdy. Have you tried reinstalling? Something else I'd try is fiddling with the specific settings, such as clearing NVRam/filesystem on startup. Still not working? Try a different simulator.

Hope that helps,

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

It depends on which version of the Eclipse plugin you might be using as well as the fact that the OS version doesn't match the component pack version.

Version 1.1 (to my knowledge) does not seem to break on breakpoints when using a real device. However, it will print to the console.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful