Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
karol83
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Eclipse not updating app on simulator?

Hi, 

Thanks for the hint. The clean.bat file this time didn't wanted to run (an error poped-up that the manifest file was not found) so I decided instead of further debugging this  to remove Eclipse and re-install.

Once done I created a new project in a new workspace, BUT THIS TIME THERE WAS NO SPACE IN THE WORKSPACE NAME AND .....IT WORKED!  :smileyhappy:

I've opened again the previous workspace (which had a space in its name) and it didn't work. Going back to the no-space-in-name workspace again made eclipse correctly update the content of the simulator. I'm not 100% convinced that it's the ultimate solution, but I'm posting it here for others to consider if they come accross the same issue.

Thanks for your help anyways! :smileyhappy:

Developer
krishnanmurari
My Device: bold 9000

Hi all,

I had the same problem. 

Once it was due to too many files in the src folder. You cannot have more than some amount of or lines of code i dont remember the exact number. but for this you will have to update your jdk to 1.6 then set path it starts working fine.

The other problem would be due to a file in the resource with more than 5 mb. Due to this the application will not work. 

I hope this could solve your problem.

Please let me know how its gone.

Regards,

Krishnan

New Developer
Aniruddha
My Device: Blackberry

Hello,

If you required to update the simulater in eclipse then please used below link

1. click onHelp

2.Install New Software

3. http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.6/java add the url and wait for showing the version of simulater and select and update.

New Contributor
karol83
My Device: Bold 9700

Thanks for all further hints! However - as described in my earlier post removing the space from the Workspace name solved the problem ! So far so good - it works! :smileyhappy: 

Thanks anyways!