Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
egopinath
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Editing Module Dependency entries in the generated COD file

Hi all,

I am trying to build a blackberry application which uses web services. I am using my own web service client implementation since most of the mobiles does not support RPC or JSR 172. So I am not using net_rim_jaxrpc module of blackberry. I tried to deploy the application in Pearl 8130(Verizon) and Curve 8320(T Mobile). It works fine in Pearl but it throws "Module net_rim_jaxrpc not found" error in curve 8320. I looked for the software versions of both the phones. Pearl has a 4.3 version and Curve has a 4.2 version. i know that 4.2 version does not have a net_rim_jaxrpc module, so it throws the error message. I looked into the JAD file and it has an entry for net_rim_jaxrpc in 'RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies'. My question is, since I am not using net_rim_jaxrpc API why is it putting this entry in the JAD. I even tried removing this entry in the JAD but curve 8320 still throws the error message. So its configuring 'RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies' in some other place inside the COD file. If its doing so, why is it doing so even when I am not using the API. And how to remove this entry for dependency. I am using eclipse 3.2 for development.

Anyone please help me on this.

Thanks,

Gopi

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Editing Module Dependency entries in the generated COD file

This type of error is generally caused by building with an unsupported version of the BlackBerry JDE or BlackBerry JDE Component Pack.  Please see the following link for more information.

What Is - Appropriate version of the BlackBerry JDE
Article Number: DB-00537

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800901/What_Is...

This is configured in the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse by going to the Window menu, Preferences, expanding BlackBerry JDE and clicking on Installed Components.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
egopinath

Thanks for your reply. I am using JDE 4.3 for development. The software version on my handheld is 4.2. I will try to build the application using JDE 4.2. Hope that should work fine.:smileyhappy:

Developer
richard_puckett
My Device: Bold 9700

Yeah, this was the very first issue I ran into when trying to run a 4.3 build on a 4.2.1 device.  The general rule is that you Really Should use the rapc version that corresponds to your target OS, for just this kind of reason.  Using an artifact compiled with a newer version of rapc may work on older OSes, but, especially as more features are added to your app, you'll most likely run into a problem at some point.  XML is a pretty big feature that exposes this issue pretty quickly.
New Developer
egopinath

The issue is resolved. Problem is not with development version. Problem is with import statement. There was a import statement for 'javax.xml.rpc.Stub' and i didnt notice it. But when i changed the development JDE to 4.2, it started to show a error message for unknown variable in the IDE. I changed the import to my own Stub class and everything seems working fine.

Thanks to all you guys!!!!!!

I have another question. I have a custom button and on clicking, it opens the BB browser. On focus i need the button to look like a hyperlink with the hyperlink symbol(a hand symbol). Can anyone suggest me something on this? Do I need to do something in the drawFocus or onFocus of the Custom button?

Thanks,

Gopi

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

You could create the images for your buttons and make use of a BitmapField.  The following link shows how to switch between images during a focus change.

How To - Show focus changes using BitmapField
Article Number: DB-00427

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800505/800345/...

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
egopinath

Thanks for your reply. I got the idea how to show as hyperlink when the image button is in Focus.

Gopi