Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email Reconciliation programmatically

[ Edited ]

I have a device connected to a BES with Exchange. I call the Exchange-Mailbox (Outlook) "mailbox". and the BlackBerry-Device-Mailbox "handheld".

Our software imports a database delivered by email. After import the email gets deleted.

If "Email Reconciliation Delete on:" is set to "Handheld" the email is unmodified int the mailbox and I can see it in my outlook.

When I change on the BlackBerry the "Email Reconciliation Delete on:" - setting to "Mailbox & Handheld", then it works nearly as I want. When the mail on the handheld gets deleted, then on the mailbox it gets moved to "Deleted Items".

1. Is it possible to control the "Email Reconciliation" - settings programmatically?

2. Is it possible to delete the mailbox email permanently by a api-call on the blackberry?

3. Is there any BES-Settings which does
- special-formatted-emails not deliver to mailbox, but only forward to handheld
or
- special-formatted-emails delete imediatly permanent from the mailbox, but forward to handheld

I want the users to not be annoyed by these importmails. I know that I can solve these problems by creating an additional BIS-email-account for the BlackBerry, but I would like to get it working WITHOUT doing this.
Regards and thanks for help
Anil

Message Edited by anildeveloper on 08-01-2008 10:10 AM
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Email Reconciliation programmatically

You can use the <$removeondelivery> parameter to do this.

If this is present in the subject of the email message, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server will delete the message from the user's mailbox after it has been delivered to the BlackBerry.  It is up to your application to delete the message on the handheld side.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Hello Mark!

Sorry for replying so late. I was on holidays.Thanks for this solution.

Additionally i played with the other parameters

<$SuppressSaveInSentItems>

works good!

Regards Anil

New Developer

Re: Are there any Work Arounds for Named anchors in BB Email?

Hi,

I am new to the BB platform and am working for a client that would like to extend their email marketing to BB clients that many of their customers use. Many of these email templates are well formed HTML and include "# named anchors", which on the surface BB does not appear to support.

Is a "backdoor" method using java or some other approach provide the ability for interpage navigation in BB email crossplatform?

Thanks & Cheers - Randy

My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Are there any Work Arounds for Named anchors in BB Email?

[ Edited ]

The Messages application does not currently support # anchor tags in HTML email messages.  There is no programmatic work around for this.

Message Edited by MSohm on 02-13-2009 11:38 AM
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Hi,

<$removeondelivery> is not working for BIS users, is there ay other solution for BIS?