Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
maxqtime
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Emoticon App

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting in, but i'm looking to make an app that will add some extra emoticons to BBM.  I do have some some experience coding in Java and I'm currently working on learning how to code for the Blackberry.

Any advice on where I can start looking or find some example code would be great.

Also if anyone knows a size or image type i need to use for the emoticons would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Emoticon App

welcome to the support forums.

i don't know of any API that allows what you want to do, maybe you can point me to it?

the blackberry messenger is a software by RIM and not available in sourcecode, you can only use what API is published.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxqtime
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I havn't found an API that does what I want to do. It seems to me the app would need to put the images into the right spot and they would have to be readable by BBM.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsc81
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Simon,

Hi thanks for your answer. but I just want to confirm. so is that means that we cannot develop any apps that can make emoticons in BBM?

thanks

Please use plain text.