Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
jlfrias
My Device: BlackBerry 8700g
My Carrier: Tigo

Encrypt

Hi guys, I need encrypt a password:

I have tested with the following example:

package com.rim.samples.device.cryptodemo; import java.io.*; import net.rim.device.api.crypto.*; import net.rim.device.api.util.*; import net.rim.device.api.ui.*; import net.rim.device.api.ui.component.*; import net.rim.device.api.ui.container.*; /** * This class provides demonstrates basic functionality of the crypto library with * a very basic compilation of cypto code. For more information on how to write * crypto code please see the javadocs and check out our tutorial in the Developers * Knowledge Base. The javadocs contain additional sample code to assist you. */ class CryptoDemo extends UiApplication { private RichTextField _status; /** * Entry point for Application. */ public static void main( String[] args ) { CryptoDemo theApp = new CryptoDemo(); theApp.enterEventDispatcher(); } /** * Constructor */ private CryptoDemo() { MainScreen screen = new MainScreen(); screen.setTitle(new LabelField("Crypto Demo", LabelField.ELLIPSIS | LabelField.USE_ALL_WIDTH)); _status = new RichTextField("Select 'Go' from the menu to perform the test."); screen.add(_status); // Add the menu item. screen.addMenuItem(new MenuItem("Go" , 100, 10) { public void run() { go(); } }); pushScreen(screen); } /** * <p> The test method containing the sample code. * <p> We want to create a sample that will encrypt and decrypt * test data to demonstrate how a simple crypto example can be * implemented. */ private void go() { try { // We are going to use TripleDES as the algorithm for encrypting and decrypting // the data. It is a very common algorithm and was chosen for this reason. // Here is the data that we are going to encrypt. String message = "jorge"; // Create a new random TripleDESKey. TripleDESKey key = new TripleDESKey(); // Create the encryption engine for encrypting the data. TripleDESEncryptorEngine encryptionEngine = new TripleDESEncryptorEngine( key ); // Due to the fact that in most cases the data that we are going to encrypt will // not fit perfectly into the block length of a cipher, we want to use a padding // algorithm to pad out the last block (if necessary). We are going to use PKCS5 // to do the padding for us. PKCS5FormatterEngine formatterEngine = new PKCS5FormatterEngine( encryptionEngine ); // Use the byte array output stream to catch the encrypted information. ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); // Create a block encryptor which will help us use the triple des engine. BlockEncryptor encryptor = new BlockEncryptor( formatterEngine, outputStream ); // Encrypt the actual data. encryptor.write( message.getBytes() ); // Close the stream. This forces the extra bytes to be padded out if there were // not enough bytes to fill all of the blocks. encryptor.close(); // Get the actual encrypted data. byte[] encryptedData = outputStream.toByteArray(); // End of Encryption. //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Beginning of Decryption. // We are now going to perform the decryption. We want to ensure that the // message we get back is same as the original. Note that since this is a // symmetric algorithm we want to use the same key as before. TripleDESDecryptorEngine decryptorEngine = new TripleDESDecryptorEngine( key ); // Create the unformatter engine that will remove any of the padding bytes. PKCS5UnformatterEngine unformatterEngine = new PKCS5UnformatterEngine( decryptorEngine ); // Set up an input stream to hand the encrypted data to the block decryptor. ByteArrayInputStream inputStream = new ByteArrayInputStream( encryptedData ); // Create the block decryptor passing in the unformatter engine and the // encrypted data. BlockDecryptor decryptor = new BlockDecryptor( unformatterEngine, inputStream ); // Now we want to read from the stream. We are going to read the data 10 bytes // at a time and then add that new data to the decryptedData array. It is // important to note that for efficiency one would most likely want to use a // larger value than 10. We use a small value so that we can demonstrate // several iterations through the loop. byte[] temp = new byte[10]; DataBuffer db = new DataBuffer(); for( ;; ) { int bytesRead = decryptor.read( temp ); if( bytesRead <= 0 ) { // We have run out of information to read, bail out of loop. break; } db.write(temp, 0, bytesRead); } // Now we want to ensure that the decrypted data is the same as the data we // passed into the encryptor. byte[] decryptedData = db.toArray(); if( Arrays.equals( message.getBytes(), decryptedData ) ) { // They are the same. _status.setText("Test Passed. The message is identical. \n\n Text: " + message + "\n\n Text Encrypt: " + message.getBytes()); } else { // They differ. _status.setText("Test Failed. The messages are different. "); } } catch( CryptoTokenException e ) { System.out.println(e.toString()); } catch (CryptoUnsupportedOperationException e) { System.out.println(e.toString()); } catch( IOException e ) { System.out.println(e.toString()); } } }

This example is running ok. But I need generateand Key static, the example generate a random Key:

// Create a new random TripleDESKey. TripleDESKey key = new TripleDESKey();

How can I implement a Key estatic with values defined by my?

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Jorge Luis Frias B

Leader on Development
BlackBerry/iPhone Technologies
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
gtj
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Encrypt

One of the constructors of TripleDESKey takes a byte[] that you supply.  For example...

byte[] ba = "This is my TripleDESKey something something".getBytes();

TripleDESKey key = new TripleDESKey(ba);

Please use plain text.