Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Visitor
jasonkiesel
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Error Message in Eclipse with Plugin: Signature tool was not found.

I'm using Eclipse Galileo R2 (32bit) on a Windows 7 machine with the Blackberry Eclipse Plugin v1.1.2. The plugin installation completed without any errors. In the "Problems" tab, I get an error, and I am unable to build my project.

This error reads: Signature tool was not found.

I have set the permissions on my Eclipse folder to Everyone: Full Control

I have verified that the signature tool (SignatureTool.jar) exists: C:\Program Files (x86)\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.25\components\bin

Am I missing something here?

Why can't the plugin see the the signature tool?

On a side note, this was working just a few days ago. I tried updating my Eclipse installation to the newest version of the Blackberry Plugin, and that was a HUGE mistake. Not only did the "plugin" installer tell me that my installation directory was not empty, but it installed it's own version of Eclipse! 

RIM... If you're listening... It's not a freakin' plugin to an IDE if you overwrite the user's IDE installation. Talk about making a developer's job more difficult. I've spent hours just trying to get my environment up and running! It's no worries that Blackberry developers are running from the hills. I would if I could.

Please use plain text.