Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Error: preverifier failed

I am trying to migrate my code from 4.2.1 to 4.7 I am using eclipse plugin, all compiles well but I am getting the below error msg when running the application..any help!

Error!: Error: preverifier failed: C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.7.0_4.7.0.36\components\bin\preverify.ex ...

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Error: preverifier failed

Do you have rewritten all deprecated (from 4.7 point of view) calls in your 4.2 code ?
New Developer

I was using couple of depricated api, i had changed it still I am getting the same error message..
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Try to use JDE 4.7 (not eclipse plugin) to recompile and run your application.

It may show the particular classes that cause the problem.

New Developer

I am trying the bone game from Blackberry. It runs fine in one computer. But I got the same issue in another one. I did the exactly same thing. I am using eclipse 3.4 and JDE4.5.

Error!: Error: preverifier failed: E:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.16\components\bin\preverify.exe -d C:\DOCUME

Do you get any solution for it? I think I never user directory :c:\document and setting..." in my workspace. When I trying to search where it come from, I can not find it in either workspace or Windows file sysem search.

Thank you guysin advance.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

It's probably pointing to a file copied to your Windows temp directory, which is by default under the Documents and Settings directory.

What versions of JDK are installed on the 2 PCs?  What are the PATH and JAVA_HOME environment variables set to?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

IIRC, the windoze tools simply don't work, at least they didn't the way I expected them

to a long time ago. Go get cygwin and use "find" or write your own scripts. Sure, I've gotten

paths mixed up and lost files and some kluges but you stand a better chance of putting

stuff where it makes sense for your development situation.

Also, I think some of these tools like the Sun wtk and maybe some rim tools, have

hard coded paths to traditional windoze directories ( often with things like spaces

in the path name making them difficult or confusing to use in some cases).

New Developer

Hi Mark,

I did have similar problem on Windows Vista. I set up the exact environment for both Windows Vista and Windows XP using the BlackBerry JDE plug-in for Eclipse 3.4.1. It is running perfectly on XP, I could develop, debug with the simulator. But when I tested the exact same code on Windows Vista, I got "preverifier error. I am using JDK 1.5 for both O.S., so I am wondering whether the plugin supports Windows Vista or not?

Thanks a lot,

Bill

New Developer

I fixed the problem. It turns out to be caused by the stupid Windows Vista User Access Control and the AppData\Local\Temp folder was set to read-only. I basically just turned off UAC and unset the read-only attribute.
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Blackberry

hii,

This error might be coming because of You might have Large Project Name. You can try by putting small Project names.