Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ankur_siwach
My Device: Blackberry Developer

Error while installing .cod or .jad file on device

Hello,

I have develop some application,which are live on BB App World and when i load the app on device using Eclipse its also work fine.

but if i put the .cod and .jad file into the SD Card and try to install the app its showing some error..app is not installing using these .cod and .jad or .jar files..

is there is some process which i am missing  ...

please suggest me how to do this..

----------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error while installing .cod or .jad file on device

I suspect your cod file is quite large.  In this case you just need to unzip it to extract the sibling cod files.

Change your cod file extension from ".cod", to ".zip".  Then use your favorite zip archive tool, to view the contents. 

If you can open it with a zip tool, then extract all the files and these are the files you should put on the SD Card. 

Just for next time " try to install the app its showing some error" is not a very good description of the problem.  So please try to be as specific as possible, identifying messages and exceptions that you see.

Developer
ankur_siwach

thank you peter...

but i just created a sample app which only have a label field "Hello Blackberry"..

and the .cod file size is 4 Kb but the same is happened again..

when i try to istall it..

i got an error: 907 invalid COD 

Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer
peter_strange

I use the SD Card install method occasionally - it seems to work fine.  All I do is put the jad and the cod files in the same directory on the SD Card, then use File Explorer to navigate to that location.  I open the jad, the Browser opens and I just download.  . 

I suggest you review the jad file and look at the cod files that are listed in there.  Make sure these are in the same directory. 

Developer
ankur_siwach

Thanx peter..

I have already put both the file in the same folder..and tried both the way using File Explorer and Browser..but the same error is coming..

is there is any extra steps except signing the key, after or before .cod and .jad is created which i am missing..  ??

and the same .cod and .jad file are working fine when i am loading them on device using Eclipse and the app is also live on BB App World.. but the same .cod and .jad is not directly installing on my device..

Please suggest me..

Developer
peter_strange

Eclipse and BB World do not use the jad.  So they have not tested this way of installing. 

Sounds like you have picked up the wrong jad.  Open the jad with something like Notepad - it is is just a text file - and you can figure out what is is doing.  Look for the cods listed in the jad file and make sure these match the ones in the directory. 

Developer
ankur_siwach

i have checked each and everything , but still the same error is coming..

i am not getting what to do ??

Developer
peter_strange

Assuming you have the cod files in the Eclipse deliverables folder.  What steps do you take from there to install them on device and where does it fail?

Developer
ankur_siwach

yes i have the cod files from deliverables folder than take copy both the files into my SD card after that..when i try to install using jad file its begin to install but suddenly stops and a dialog box appears ( error: 907 invalid COD )..

i had checked the jad file metadata is seems oky...

Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

Can you post the jad file contents?