Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
bertonlu
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: TWN

EventInjector.KeyEvent can't input data into other applications

Hi all,

We have an application that accepts input from a barcode scanner and stores data in a char array. Using the event class EventInjector.KeyEvent, the barcode data can then be input into a TextField in our demo program or other applications. However, we found with the current OS, the barcode data can still be input into our demo program, but it cannot be input into other applications. Please kindly help out. Thanks in advance.

Exception Log...
=======================================================
[0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException [0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException [0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException [0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException [0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException [0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException [0.0] EventInjector.KeyEvent: Exception = net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: EventInjector.KeyEvent can't input data into other applications

This is what the API says the exception means?

ControlledAccessException - if the calling application does not have the Input Simulation permission.

Have you given your injecting program the appropriate permission?

Have a look at the PermissionsApiDemo for sample code that will help with this. 

To test that this it he problem, use the Options (spanner icon on Home Screen), find you Application in Application Management in OS 6 and above, advanced-->Applications in OS 5 and below, and give it permissions directly.   

Please use plain text.