Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Extract SiteMinder redirection URLs and tokens

[ Edited ]

I am developing a native application that uses same functionlity as for desktop web based application. 

Web service is protected with SiteMinder so all web service requests are routed through SiteMinder. 

The browser based application when access the services, SiteMinder checks for tokens and cookies before responding to the service. If the tokens/cookies are not set in the request it will be directed to a login page. 

When I develop this as a blackberry native application, how should I handle this. 

I planned to extract the target url and other contents from the token of redirecting URL and use them along with login ID and password to get the tokens/cookies from the SiteMinder. To do that I tried with what is given in sample BlackBerry code "BrowserFieldDemo", but UID for "Event.EVENT_REDIRECT" was never called in function "eventOccurred(Event event)". It gave UIDs for "Event.EVENT_BROWSER_CONTENT_CHANGED", "Event.EVENT_TICK_CONTENT_READ", etc.

Is there a way to extract the redirecting URL using Connection API?

Is there a differnt way to access the SiteMinder and get the tokens/cookies by sending login ID and password?

New Developer

Re: Extract SiteMinder redirection URLs and tokens

[ Edited ]

I used BrowserField object and load the URL in it. After loading i used BrowserField object to call getDocumentUrl() and it gave the required URL with the token.

Thank you.

New Developer

Re: Extract SiteMinder redirection URLs and tokens

I recently read about CA SiteMinder Secure Proxy Server.

One of the feature it says about mobile device connection is given below.

"WIRELESS DEVICE COVERAGE: Cookie-less session schemes and SiteMinder Secure Proxy Server’s in-memory session storage provide a solution that extends beyond PCs to include wireless devices such as mobile phones and PDAs. SPS is equipped with an in-memory session store to maintain user session information. It uses a token such as a mini-cookie or SSL ID to access a particular user’s session information."

And as a benefit the document says:

"Wireless Device Support: Cookie-less session management and an in-memory session store provide a secure platform for building wireless access solutions."