Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
SakshiDeveloper
My Device: 9860

Facebook Sdk integration in jde4.6

I have been trying to use facebook sdk in jde4.6 but not able to do so. This sdk is supported from 5.0 onwards but i need to give support from 4.6. Kindly suggest what can i do to integrate facebook in 4.6. Please tell if it is possible to get the os version of the device first and then import the facebook sdk. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Facebook Sdk integration in jde4.6

welcome to the support forums.

iirc the sdk uses very few 5.0 features, most notably the connectionfactory i think.
download the sourcecode of the facebook sdk and modify it to work with 4.6, should be manageable.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Facebook Sdk integration in jde4.6

Welcome to the forums.

I am not aware of a way to integrate the facebook SDK in OS 4.6.  The Facebook SDK relies on BrowserField2 which is only available in OS 5.0.  Changing the processing to use the original BrowserField would be difficult.

I am interested in your comment that you need to support OS 4.6.  In fact most of the phones that run OS 4.6 can be upgraded to OS 5.0 and when people with OS 4.6 phones ask me I always tell them to upgrade because OS 5.0 is better.  So if you try to support OS 4.6 you will be doing a lot of work for a very small number of users. 

Please use plain text.