Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Facing problem with player with incoming call

Hi All,

I'm developing a BlackBerry CLDC application which incorporates a audio player. We are using javax.microedition.media APIs to build the player.

But we are facing a problem with the player is that when there is any incoming call to the device, the app is loosing the volume control (which is a desired behavior), but when the call ends; app is not getting back the volume control.

So far we have only tested with incoming calls, but we are sure we might face same kind of situation in outgoing call and even voice command also.

It will be very much helpful if somebody can enlighten us with an approach to solve the problem, better if this can be a generic one means work with incoming/outgoing calls and voice command etc.

Regards,
SD
New Developer

Re: Facing problem with player with incoming call

Any one ?? Any clue ??
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

What BlackBerry model and handheld software version are you testing with?  You can find this under Options, About.  What mode is your player in?  Are the volume keys passing directly to the player or are you capturing them within your application?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Hi MSohm,

Thanks for replying. 

I've tested using 8300 and 8320. The s/w version for 8320 is 4.2.2.175 (Platform 2.5.0.33).

I'm tapping the CONTROL_VOLUME_UP and CONTROL_VOLUME_DOWN key codes in keyControl event to change the volume from within the application.

Well I particularly did not quite understand what are you asking by the "mode of the player", but the situation is when the player is playing the song, if there is an interrupt by an incoming call (didn't tested with outgoing call though) when the call ends there is no sound from the player.

If you are concerned about the STATE of the player, we haven't checked that yet. Let me check it and get back to you soon.

Regards,

SD

My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Are you seeing this in the BlackBerry Simulator as well?  If so, does it occur in the newer BlackBerry Simulators (4.5.0, 4.6.0 or 4.7.0)?  If not, have/can you tried it on a newer version of BlackBerry handheld software?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker