Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Visitor
LittleSofi
My Device: OS versions 6 & 7 dev

Feedback on my basic plan for gmail sync app please!

Hey all

Im new to this forum and BB (and mobile in general) app development (but have experience with c#).

Basically, I want to create an application for keeping my blackberry calendar in sync with several gmail calendars (some shared). I haven't found an application that meets my needs yet, and I needed a project to get into BB app dev so I thought this would be good.

Here are my current thoughts, and I would love feedback from you guys, because I'm unsure of the best way to implement this.

Plan 1

My app will sit with two entry points - the "super" service process, and the UI for configuring the settings etc.

The service will implement a listener for changes to the calendar events, and log a list of new or changed/deleted items. This list will then be processed according to the schedule defined by the user (like every 4 hours or whatever etc) - and the google calendar(s) will be updated.

Plan 2

Have the service run and iterate through all events in the calendar + google and compare them somehow.

As far as I see it, both of these plans would also need a mapping of BB calendar event UIDs to google event UIDs, along with the account the belong to.

So, it's probably pretty clear there are plenty of gaps in my plan (and my knowledge) but I'm learning! So please do let me know if there's a better way of doing this & why it's better (so I can learn). 

Thanks for your help!

Sophie 

x