Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
JamesColeman
My Device: Not Specified

File Save Screen with Folder Selection and Folder Icons

Has anyone seen any code for a nice File Save Screen with a Folder Selection area and Icons for folders?  I have a bad feeling I'll be writing the code myself, but I thought I would check and see if I could save myself some time.

Ultimately, I think programmers need something that has a folder selection area, a text box for the filename, a cancel button and an OK button.  Clicking on a folder changes the path for the file to save, clicking on a file would save with the name of the file selected.  I like stuff that looks nice and has icons for folders and thumbnails for files.

Thanks!

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Re: File Save Screen with Folder Selection and Folder Icons

I tried making one that was an exact look-alike to the file save screen that is presented when you click the rename button after taking a picture (I have a Storm so it might be different for others) but it doesn't like to be rotated (freezes for whatever reason). Would post code but it is half baked and is part of a much larger library so it has lots of interlinking calls, both public and private.

It would be nice to have a universal file save screen.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.