Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Jam321
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY
Accepted Solution

File System Out of Resources Error

Hi ,

i am getting this error when i am trying to upload the file more then  10 times . i have searched in the forum regarding this error and i found one possible reasone is File Connection  is not properly closed. i have done that job(mean i have closed all the File Connection which i have used ) but still i am  getting this error

os 6.0

device 9800

please share any hints to solve this problem

Thnaks  

Please use plain text.
Developer
Jam321

Re: File System Out of Resources Error

Hey guys ,

After getting the File System Out Of Resources Error. i am trying to launch the application its throwing the application not responding error . :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

the not responding error occurs when you block the event thread, for example with file i/o.
see
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/What-is-the-Event-Thread/ta-p/446865

maybe your other problem vanishes if you solve this issue.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Jam321

[ Edited ]

i am giving detail about my process of uploading

i am creating new thread and in this thread i am doing uploading operation .

like Thread t = new Thread()

t.start();

thats it 

i am not calling UiApplication.invokelater(){

Thread t = new Thread();

t.starts();

}

Simon , i agree with u but . i am not getting where it is getting block. if my application block the the event thread then it should not work 1st time uploading . why it is working ?? please share more detail. i have seen your post link  thanks for that. how can i identify ? my event thread is blocking ??? i am new to this please give detail ..

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

There are two problems here, I suggest we concentrate on one, which is the File System out of resrouces.

As noted, this is mostly cuased by a bug in your download code where you are using up too many connections.  Most likely I say, but not certain.  But let us rule that out.  . 

Do you close the file connection and any other streams you use in a finally clause in this Thread?  (you know, try/catch/finally)

You say you have closed the connections, but how do you know that you have?  Are you logging something for each open and close? 

As noted you are starting up a new Thread for this.  How many of these Threads do you try to run at once? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Jam321

[ Edited ]

Hey Peter , i found out the problem . and it was the file stream was missed to close. Thanks for suggestion.

"As noted you are starting up a new Thread for this.  How many of these Threads do you try to run at once? "

I have opened the only one thread after the event thread. if i open more thread after the event thread  will create any problem. because  i have created the more then one thread in one usecase. and i have logged the event thread using UiApplication.isEventThread().

but after end of the all process  this giving me(UiApplication.isEventThread().) false. can u tell me what could be the reason

Thanks

JaM

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

If you have resolved the File System resources error, then please mark this Thread as Solved.

Start your other (Event Thread) problem on a new Thread.

If you do start a new Thread, please can you try to explain your situation in more detail.  I am not clear what you are saying in the question in the previous post. 

Please use plain text.