Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
mobilityot
My Device: 9380,9790,9900,9930,9350,9360,9370
Accepted Solution

FilePicker hangs NFC NDEF push for all the current application registered NDEFMessageBuilders

[ Edited ]

Using Blackberry 7.1, in a variety of devices:

We have an application with some screens registered as NDEFMessageBuilder and NDEFPushStatusCallback. They correcty return the NDef message and it all works perfectly and wonderfully in all devices. Once you start using a FilePicker, and access any folder inside the filepicker, the app starts being unable to transmit anything througt NDEF/NFC, even the 'buildNDEFMessages' does not get called.

I tried unregistering and re-registering the NDEFMessageBuilder, placing the NDEFMessageBuilder in another class or even bundle... Tried all the posible combinations about register/unregister, in all possible timeline moments when opening the FilePicker. But nohing helps, the app cannot send NDEF/NFC after opening the filepicker and accessing a folder.

Once I Close/restart the app it sends NDef perfectly but, once you re-open the filepicker and acces a folder inside the filepicker it continues failing.

Curiosity: After the FilePicker breaks the NFC/Ndef, it starts sending FRAME_REJECT LLCP packets throught NFC, and all other applications work just fine... but the one that opened the FilePicker do not...

New Contributor
mobilityot

Re: FilePicker hangs NFC NDEF push for all the current application registered NDEFMessageBuilders

[ Edited ]

It seems that some NFC Responders/devices can handle LLCP Frame reject packets in some way... and then they can recover the NFC of the blackberry device/app.

Altought it seems that the frame reject is malformed contrasting with LLCP NFC Forum specs. It has no reason of the frame reject, which is obligatory.

Now i'm trying to sniff the bytes that those NFC Responders send to recover the frame reject state and replicate them...

But this is not a good solution, the blackberry device should NOT be sending malformed LLCP Frame rejects....

New Contributor
mobilityot

Re: FilePicker hangs NFC NDEF push for all the current application registered NDEFMessageBuilders

After lots of research... it seems that the LLCP was an Aggregated frame with two connect packets inside..... one for the handover and one for the snep connection.....

Maybe when opening the filepicker there where the posibility to use a handover nfc conncetion or use the application registered snep connection, this is why the blackberry device returned an aggregated frame....

Some devices implement those aggregated packets and some dont...
obiously i do not have it implemented in my nfc library...

i will implement it asap.

sorry for the inconvenience...