Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
ujwala
My Device: Not Specified

Filesystem

Hello...I have gone through the example fileexplorerdemo..in that it contains..some .png files..in store/samples/pictures..

wen i run in simulator i can see those png files..can i know where exactly those png files are saved in the system(in which directory is it bbsimulator..or..plz giv the total path where i cud find these)....so that i can load some more png's  for my own application..thanks in advance..

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Filesystem

Hi!

I am not positive that this is the exact same set of png's you were looking at in the simulator (I've never run it), but there are sample pictures at:

Device Memory/system/samples/pictures/

They are all read only, and I do not know if the directory itself is also set as read only. You can try, but those are the samples that I found.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Filesystem

Remember that the Simulator is simulating a device which does not use a PC file system, so you should not expect to find files on the device matching files you can see from your Windows PC.

But RIM have provided you with a way you can do this.  See the following:

How To - Use a computer file system as a microSD card
Article Number: DB-00654
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800792/801083/How_To_...

So you can pretend that a directoryis an SDCard.