Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Find emails from a selected message

After clicking on messagelist,all the emais has highlighted on message view screen,if the any email has present on body.And I want to pick up these highlighted email from body.Actually i have parsed all the body and with help of regular expression I have checked it's email or not.But it takes much time.So how I can i picked up the highlighted email items using BB api ?Please help me out.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Find emails from a selected message

You can create a custom menu added to the Message list screen that could receive the selected message.  You can find a code sample here:

How To - Add a custom menu item to an existing BlackBerry application
Article Number: DB-00110

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800367/How_To_...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Hi,

I don't want it. I wanted,how can i find phone nos from message without regular expression ,Actually how  Active field can understand it.Is there any api??

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

i tried to understand your message, tried again and still have no clue what you mean. maybe the native speakers can handle it better?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Hi,

When I will click on a selected message from BB's message list,The message is opened on a message view screen.And,if this body of message has a any phone no or emails,it's highlisgted or underlined.I have to take only phone nos from message ,if any present.To do it I have used regular expression.But it's take so mush time.So Is there any api to pick out the phone no of email id from message.how ActiveAutoTextEditField can identify quickly the no or email Id.?