Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
AbeesMuhammed
My Device: Not Specified

Focusable HorizontalFieldManager

Hi All,

Can we set Focus on the HorizontalField Manager?.Not for the Controls Inside the Manager.Im using Horizontal and vertical Field Managers for creating Grid view.My problem is to create Selectable rows.How can we Achieve this?.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Focusable HorizontalFieldManager

usually the field manager itself is not selectable but the fields within are. Managers are just subclasses of field, you can change whatever you want in them.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
peter_strange

If you have the need to focus on a row and not on the individual columns, perhaps you should consider using a ListField?
Developer
AbeesMuhammed

Hi all,

But how i can create an object List Field?I need to create rows containing 4 columns.First Column For CheckBoxField,Second And Third  Column For LabelField and Fourth Column For Button field .how can i achieve this List Row.Could you pls explain this task with an example .Im new to this BlackBerry Development.What is the Difference between a ListField and An ObjectListField?.Ister any Method for drawing Objects?.Pls Help me to solve this issue 

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

the objectlistfield is just an implementation of listfield and its control interface.

the listfield offers customizable rows. you won't be able to put fields in there, like checkbox or button, the whole row acts like a button.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
AbeesMuhammed

then whta is the solution??
Developer
peter_strange

Do you have the need to focus on a complete row or on the individual columns?

"Im new to this BlackBerry Development"  Welcome.  As you are finding, BB development is not drag and drop simple.

"Could you pls explain this task with an example" - possibly, but would you be able to understand and maintain it?  Have you been through the labs and the samples looking for things like what you are trying to do?  Why don't you try to create a ListField yourself and then you will understand how to do it!  There are ListField samples around, have a look at the samples (FileExplorerDemo for example), in the KnowledgeBase or search the forum for references. 

But answer the question at the start of this Post first and we might be able to give you more specific direction.

Developer
AbeesMuhammed

i need to focus on complete row
Developer
peter_strange

In that case I would recommend that you use a ListField.  Review the KB articles that describe them, including this one:

How To - Create a ListField with check boxes 
Article Number: DB-00471

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800505/800345/...

You might also find this post useful background and an example of how to use Bitmaps (icons):

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=9247&query.id=256...

There are plenty of other references to ListFields on this forum that will help you with this. 

Developer
rakesh86shankar

hey do u want the sample code ?

this is my component

HorizontalSheet hs=new HorizontalSheet("12.08.98","rent","5000");
        HorizontalSheet hs1=new HorizontalSheet("12.08.98","sdsrent","5000");
        HorizontalSheet hs2=new HorizontalSheet("12.08.98","rent","5000");
        HorizontalSheet hs3=new HorizontalSheet("12.08.98","sdsrent","5000");
        add(hs);
        add(hs1);
        add(hs2);
        add(hs3);

each row is created for each horizontal sheet,i get Focus for each of the object ,can u get this