Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Font Loader / Manager Utility

[ Edited ]

There does not seem to be a way to manage Fonts in OS 5.0 or OS 6.0, so just for fun, I wrote this little utility to install fonts from the SD Card.  It is rubbish code, completely uncommented, but maybe it will help some one when they are testing their own fonts.  Use whenever you like, wherever you, no credit required, but no complaints if it doesn't work.

That said, if you do find a bug, let me know. 

One final thing, fonts added will be removed when you restart your Blackberry or Simulator.  Not sure why that happens, seems a bit silly to me, but there you go. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Font Loader / Manager Utility

Looks good. I wonder if the issue you mentioned is a bug because according to the API docs it should be stored persistently if the device is rebooted.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

"I wonder if the issue you mentioned is a bug because according to the API docs it should be stored persistently if the device is rebooted."

Never noted that.  OK, will report it as a bug.

Edit: In Issue Tracker:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-1458

Please use plain text.
er_simran
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: docomo

May I knw how to use the font loader
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

If you are talking about this utility, then the best thing to do would be to download the zip archive, then copy the code into a sample application.  The zip file was created at a time when I used the JDE development environment, now most people will use Eclipse, so the project files are not useful.  But you can copy/paste the source (and resources) to use the code. 

With respect to using the utility, copy a font on to an SD Card, put the SD Card in your BB, and then browse to that font using the Utility. 

Please use plain text.