Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
bbvasan
My Device: pearl8100
My Carrier: airtel

Re: For testing in device how can we include library file

Hi,

I loaded ksoap cod(media card memory) and installed jad file as it is suportted in 8110 then i installed my application even though it is not taking the path.But it is signed from RIM.Yes module date is same the day i loaded.It is not older.In same media card only i am running my application too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I'd just like to make sure that we are all clear on what the problem actually is. 

1. As I understand it, when you run your Application on the 8110 device, you are getting an error that indicates it can not find some classes.  Is this correct.

2. I presume that you have developed and compiled both your application and the kSoap classes using an appropriate JDE/Eclipse JRE level for the OS on the 8110.  Is this correct?

3. You have signed both your application and the kSoap cod, and both are loaded correctly on the device.  Is this correct?

If these are all correct, then please PM me both the cod files involved and I will have a look.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Hi ,

I have all files.

But in pm i see no attachment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

When loading an application on the device which has sibling cod files, remember that all the cods must be downloaded.  I wonder if that is your problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Hi,

I extracted all sibling cod files and then only installed application.But my question is  if i install a ksoap2 and then i install  my application .How the path will be taken?(in a device)

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

I would create a download that included all your sibling files and the kSoap.  Then the user only has one download.  Try that. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

ok sure please help me.Thanks for ur greatfulness.Really u are great.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Apologies my post was not clear.

What I meant was

"If I were you, I would create a download that included all your sibling files and the kSoap.  Then the user only has one download."

I wasn't saying I would do it, I was saying you should.  Can you do that and test it? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Ok.So please say me how can i do it?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

If you look at the jad for your application, you will notice that it a load of lines, but three for each sibling cod which look like (where n is number).

RIM-COD-URL-n: <cod name>
RIM-COD-SHA1-n: <sha1 for cod
RIM-COD-Size-n: <size of code>

Say your jad has 2 sibling files, then the highest "n" will be 2. 

You need need to add another 3 lines with the next sequence number, and copy the details form the jad associated with kSoap.

There is a tool that will do this automatically for you in the later JDE's, not sure about Eclipse, presume so.  You will find information about this tool, and the process I have just described, in here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/11938/Distributing_BB_Java_Apps_over_wireless_...

Please use plain text.