Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
mja1986
My Carrier: none

Forcing BrowserFields to fill the screen; BB JRE 6.0.0

Hi!

I know this question has been asked numerous times throughout the last few years, but since it hasn't been answered yet, I'll just give it another try: How do I force a BrowserField to fill the whole screen, even if the Content it is going to render will be smaller, programmatically, from within my Java code, not via JavaScript or the HTML/CSS (that would be too easy, but a lot less comfortable and more work intensive in the long run) itself?

The main problem is that the content were displaying tries to fill the whole screen, the whole screen, from the contents perspective, is window.height and window.width which are the BrowserFields height and width, so as you can see the BrowserField tries to be as large as its content while the content tries to be as large as the BrowserField, which leaves them both rather small (height: 6px; in this case.)

BB JRE 6.0.0

Thanks in advance,

bye.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mja1986

Re: Forcing BrowserFields to fill the screen; BB JRE 6.0.0

Since there are still no replies at all, I do have a follow up question: Are there actually any people here who work for BlackBerry and are meant to deliver support?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

"Are there actually any people here who work for BlackBerry and are meant to deliver support?"

You will see responses from a number of BlackBerry people on the forum, mostly Mark Sohm, but occasionally others as well.  This is supposed to be a peer to peer forum, there is no commitment from BlackBerry that they will supply support via the forum, but my experience is that any questions that are clearly only answerable by them, will get an answer eventually.  

Also, perhaps the WebWorks forum might be a better place to ask, since one presumes that BlackBerry must have solved this problem for WebWorks screens. 

I recommend a 'bump' after a couple of days if the problem is really bugging you.  This one had slipped off my radar, I meant to try a few things.  Will see if I can find the time. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mja1986

Thanks a lot, I may not have tried out everything possible regarding this issue, mainly because I want to focus on getting the rest of the app to work while working around this one by setting fixed sizes.

Please use plain text.