Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Forgot Password of Code signing key

Hi, I have obtained signing key (csk file ) by registering with blackberry,but due to some reason i forgot my password .........when i try to sign my code it ask me for password...........i googled lot to find out a way to retreive my password ,but of no avail.......Can anybody plz tell me how to retreive my password of signing key or any other way that i can reset my password........ Any kind of help would be appreciated........Thanks in advance........
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Forgot Password of Code signing key

just check and ask the authority from where you get the pass

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Forgot Password of Code signing key

This is an old thread... but since it's one of the top results in a Google search, I wanted to provide an answer here.

It is not possible to recover your password for BlackBerry Code Signing Keys.  However, you can choose a new one if you reinstall your keys.  The first thing you'll need to do is order a new set of keys (free of charge) using the following form.

Before installing your keys, search for and delete the files below that will be present within the installation directories of the various BlackBerry development tools (location will vary by tool).

You will now be able to install your new CSI files and choose a new password.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker