Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ingvar_e
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700

From a newbie, possible useful info

I started this venture into blackberry about 2 month ago.

There where 2 very annoying stumble stones. Maybe all this is common knowledge

- the need to run clean.bat when debugging. I mean it can take 15 minutes to run!!

- Specifications for a Midlet.

Specification for a Midlet. Many hours where spent trying to figure out why a Midlet crashed immediately at start. Debugging did not help out. In the end it was how you specify "Name of main Midlet Class" That is to vague. It should say:

package.name of  class

Clean.bat.  After some discussion on this site I developed a procedure involving reset and 2 loads of the program into the simulator. It solved part of the problem and it still took some time. There still was an annoying problem that the new version of the program did not always get into the download folder when loading it in the simulator.  And breakpoints did not work when using this procedure. After another diskussion about ths later problem I was recommended to erase the .dmp files.

So I made a new bat  file that erases all  .dmp files in the default simulator and the standalone simulator. Runtime 1 second

Results. No problem with replacing programs in the downloaf folder. Breakpoints work when debugging. Thats all I need! Have saved me a lot of time and a lot of irration

Merry Christmas to all!!

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-