Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
yyhokenny
My Device: Simulator

Getting JDE Eclipse plug-in to work with Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede)

Hi,

Has anyone tried getting the JDE Eclipse plug-in to work with Eclipse version other than 3.3.1?  Or does it only works with Eclipse 3.3.1?

Kenny

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
gtj
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Getting JDE Eclipse plug-in to work with Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede)

I tried.  Dismal failure.
Please use plain text.
Developer
yyhokenny
My Device: Simulator

I actually got it partially working by pointing the corresponding preference to the JDE (projects actually build and launch simulator and run, etc).  But then the "Create BlackBerry Project" dialog is not quite functional, and the API code reference/help doesn't work either.  I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on a work around (may be a way to compile the plug-in straight from source like the Git eclipse plug-in?  http://cho.hapgoods.com/wordpress/?p=159)

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i would suggest to wait for a non-beta release. the only thing i use from the plugin is the "convert string to long" method.
build in eclipse and compile in the JDE - or edit your ant-scripts for each project.
imo the plugin causes more trouble then it solves.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
richard_puckett
My Device: Bold 9700

Dude, if that's all you use then just install my EclipseBerry plugin.  I was going to make it more full-featured but stopped when I found out that RIM was doing their own.  All it does right now is convert String to long.  Nice and light.

Eclipse Remote Update Site:

http://www.mobiyana.com/eclipseberry/update

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

sweet :smileywink:
on may way to remove it and install yours!
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
dkonigs
My Device: Bold 9900

I actually another more complicated features of the plugin, the resource file editor and builder.  Without it, Eclipse gets very pissy about anything that references things defined in your resource files.  Thankfully, I did figure out how to get these working in my project without letting the RIM plugin have control over any other apect of my project.  (though I do use the debugger integration too)

So for now, I'm sticking with Eclipse Europa.  Trying to do internationalization has opened up this whole new can of worms, but one that is ultimately worthwhile to work around.

Please use plain text.