Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
Sander1
My Device: Not Specified

Getting really frustated: license type

Hello,

We have asked this question on other forums and asked a BlackBery employee but nobody can answer it and we are getting close to a deadline.

Here it is:

We have an application where the license type of the application has been set to a 30-day subscription. However, we will need to check whether the subscription is still valid inside the application since AppWorld will not remove the application when the subscription stops or is cancelled. And here comes the problem...

We havn't found a way to check the status of the subscription. A lot of people, including the BlackBerry employee, mention to use the Payement sdk. Though, that does not work since the payment sdk is for in-app purchases (or in-app subscription purchases). We don't do that, the subscription of our app starts when the users downloads it from appworld and agrees to the subscription.

We did try to use the payment sdk and uploaded a draft to appworld. After that we used the AppWorld sandbox method to install the application (on AppWorld is shows nicely with a subscription icon), however, when we request information using the SKU or ID of the application and the payment sdk, no purchases are found....

So we really have no idea how to check this and appreciate all the help we can get.

Thanks

Sander

Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani
My Device: 9700

Re: Getting really frustated: license type

Hi Sander,

Do you need help with Payment API or how to implement the 30-days subscription?

E.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sander1

To summarize, I need help with how we can check the subscription status of the application. The application will be downloaded as a subscription app from AppWorld and the Payment API only allows you to check purchases made inside the application->so we can't use the payment api to check the subscription.

It would be great if someone could point us in the correct direction or maybe show part of an example. Thanks

Regards,

Sander

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sander1

Anyone with ideas? We still havn't got this solved.

It's just weird that there is nowhere any documention on this, only on in-app purchases...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sander1

Well, since the sandbox testing always crashed we released the app shortly in the market and bought it with another appworld account:

All the requests to the payment API result in false or null, so apprently the payment api doesn't have access to the purchase information of the main application (it only has access to the purchase information of digital goods purchased within the main application).

So how can we check whether a subscription is still valid when it's not a digital good?? Could somebody from the BlackBerry team please respond? We are quite disappointed that there is no information on this...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBOldSchool
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Hey Sander!
What are you using to manage the licenses?
I'm developing a new app and trying to use a license manager like licmax.com
May be you should take a look, there are a few options that may be usefull. They keep a record of the licenses and you can check subscription at any time; and you can also make a decommission of the license key if the 30 day subscription has expired.
Hope this helps...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sander1

Hi BBOldSchool,

Thanks for the help, though we have our own license system, and the question has nothing to do about a license system.

We are still waiting for replies. Did anyone have success implementing the subscription license type? All the purchase objects we read inside the app for the subscription license return null... Even when we use in-app subscription...

So it looks like something is broken...

Please use plain text.