Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
schumanns
My Device: Not Specified

Grant Permissions Popup only shows up once

I have noticed that when I install my application via javaloader on a new blackberry the very first time it runs I get a popup that is asking if I'd like to trust this app. After that no matter how many times I securty wipe the phone I never get that popup again. Why is that? Obviously there is user settings that are not getting removed when I security wipe, how can I make sure to remove those? I'd like to run full testing but since I can tell something is happening differently when I'm trying to use my test phone that has already had the app loaded once I dont trust that I'm running a full end to end test. Any reccomendations on how to clear out where ever that permissions granted is being stored?

I have also tried reloading the Blackberry OS and still I didn't get the popup

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Grant Permissions Popup only shows up once

Interesting.  I just delete the application, and re-install, and I get the popups.  Wonder what others see.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
schumanns

[ Edited ]

Really? What device are you using? I've used probably 10 different ones and get the same behavior(as in no popup). All are OS 6 or 7

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

All devices, currently testing with 9360, 8520, 9900 and 9810, but I have quite a collection over the years and always see the popup...

Anyway, I don't install using javaLoader, so perhaps that is the issue. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

using javaloader is most likely the issue.
you can load the jad instead of the cod with javaloader, iirc this resolved the problem.
otherwise use a more user-oriented method to check this issue.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.