Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Graphics Performance

Hello fellow developers,

for a game I am currently working on I use net.rim.device.api.ui.Graphics to draw the game's graphics.

I really have to fight for steady framerates and performance at times, which makes me wonder if theres any performance difference in using net.rim.device.api.ui.Graphics and javax.microedition.lcdui.Graphics?

The reason I wonder I've seen games with lost of explosions / things going on and don't know they maintain a steady framerate. Maybe someone has some interesting tipps on this issue.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Graphics Performance

I would prefer using  net.rim.device.api.ui.Graphics because this is RIM specific api.

It should give better performance than lcdui Graphics.

Regards

Bikas

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Re: Graphics Performance

I've used both of these classes in the past and with my experience, they are the very similar.  Of course the frame rate depends on what you are drawing on the screen.

The only downside of using the javax.microedition.lcdui.Graphics is that you cannot use all of the specific RIM API's.  I'd stick with the net.rim.device.api.ui.Graphics.