Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

HTTP PUT in Blackberry

Hi...

i am trying to do a HTTP PUT in my application but what i understand from Sun's J2ME specs that it does not support HTTP PUT. however, when i try to do this in blackberry, it does not throw an IOException which it is supposed to throw in case of any unsupported Method.

does blackberry implementation supports HTTP PUT ?
in case it does, is there anything special that i need to take care apart from setting the method type as "PUT" and rest same as POST.

thanks,
Tamojit

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: HTTP PUT in Blackberry

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/javax/microedition/io/HttpConnection.html does not list a PUT, only POST, GET and HEAD. guess it is not supported.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
My Device: 9700

I saw that but it looks like a replica from sun's specification. the only thing which is confusing me is if it does not spports PUT , why it is not thowing an IOException which it should for any unsupported Method. Checked this by passing the method type as "abcd", and got the IOException.  SO, there is something definietly in the implementation for PUT.  want to know what is that.

i even tried to decompile Blackberrry implementation Jar but  the obfuscation did not allow me to conclde anything. However, the class HttpConnection still has the static constants where i could only see HEAD/POST and GET.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

when i open the net_rim_api-4.7.0.jar the HttpConnection class does feature HEAD, GET and POST. no PUT anywhere. and sure, HttpConnection is standard j2me, no own impl on rims side.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter