Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
bpolaro
My Device: 9500

Handango Insurance Required for selling app

i would like to market my app through handango but i'm confused about this clause in the agreement...

Software Owner shall, at all times during the term of this Agreement, maintain insurance coverage sufficient (as determined by Publisher in its sole discretion) to defend Publisher and/or its Sub-Licensees against any and all suits, claims, losses, damages and/or judgements
arising from any claim that the Software infringes any patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any third party. Upon Publisher's request, Software Owner shall immediately provide Publisher with an insurance certificate evidencing that such insurance coverage is in force and naming Publisher and/or its Sub-Licensee(s) as additional insured(s) thereunder

does anyone know the best way to take care of this? is there a broker that is usually used? what would be the cost?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Handango Insurance Required for selling app

why don't you ask handango?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bpolaro

their response

We do not have set costs. You need to ensure you have insurance which covers errors/omissions and IP coverage. You would need to go to a broker to determine what the insurance would cost you.

Best,

Partners Team Support
Handango

Please use plain text.
Developer
kylefowler
My Device: 9900

Re: their response

Honestly, the best solution is to not list on handango. Their customer service is awful and they pay no attention to developers. Also their blackberry userbase is incredibly small. I tried to close my account and it took me 5 months to get my account balance, and even then they took out some random fee. I'd just stick with mobihand and app world

Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

[ Edited ]

edit: misunderstood

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

I don't think @bpolaro works for Handango, I think he posted a response that he got from them.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bpolaro

did you get insurance? what was the cost?

Please use plain text.