09-09-2011 02:17 PM
I am adding internationalization to a current Blackberry product, so I have converted all the Strings to be loaded from Resource Files. This works well when I build from Eclipse, but doesn't work with our current command line builds for distribution.
Eclipse compiles .rrh/.rrc files into the following files, hidden in "./locale_interfaces":
./locale_interfaces/*£.crb (one of these for each .rrc file)
The problem I'm running into with command-line builds, is that I get a "Missing Resources" exception at run-time, even though I'm including the .rrh/.rrc files in the build.
So my question is: what files do I need to include in the build? Is it the .rrh/.rrc files, or is it the ./locale_interfaces/*£.crb files? I have not been able to find much info on .crb files.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-14-2011 10:35 PM
This took me a long time, but I finally figured it out, so thought I'd share the solution that I'm using.
The *.crb files are indeed the compiled versions of the .rrh/.rrc files, and yes they need to be included in the jar/cod. The .java interface file also needs to be included, of course.
I was running into a problem though, because of the '£' character which gets included in each *.crb file. My command line setup is a python script that executes subprocess commands. Although the '£' charater was handled properly in the python as unicode, it seemed to cough up on the native subprocess execution, which caused the build to break if I tried to include it.
So, to get around this, I changed my subprocess JAR command to look for .locale_interfaces/*.crb, thus avoiding the use of the '£' character.