Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
TokyoCat
My Device: Not Specified

Help me getting my app to play this mp3 please

[ Edited ]

Hi. I need to play the following .mp3 file from my app. The mp3 will play on my desktop and other phones such as android and iphone but will not play from my bb app i am developing and will not play from the bb media player so i'm thinking it might be a format problem however i do not know how to deal with this.

Can someone take a look at the attached file and let me know why they think this type of mp3 wont play on a bb? the audio is only 2 seconds long.

The attached file is an mp3 file. If you download it just rename the extension to .mp3.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Re: Help me getting my app to play this mp3 please

First off, what device(s) are you testing this on and how are you attempting to play this (your code)?

Also when I try to open your attachment it WinRar says it is corrupt.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
New Developer
TokyoCat
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help me getting my app to play this mp3 please

hi.

i am testing this on the storm and 9700 and also on the simulators for those devices. Have also tried a tour.

I am able to play other mp3's from my code with no problem and this mp3 plays from firefox and chrome and also other handheld devices as i said.

the file i attached is not a zip file. it is an mp3 file so just rename test.zip to test.mp3.

Thanks for your help.