Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
jothi
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Help urgent

I need to develop blackberry app to find out encrption on mobile device(on device Encrption) using java.May i knoe is it enough to know only java or further advance concept in java(j2ee or J2ME).Please assist me.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help urgent

I am not sure what you mean by this.

"to find out encryption"

If you wanted to find out what Encryption is available on the BlackBerry Java platform, then you just need to review the API:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/7.1.0api/

Look for the encryptions you are after and there will most likely be a suitably named class to help you with that encryption. 

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

welcome to the support forums.
my guess would be he means content protection, maybe you can search for that to find more about it.

it makes it easier for others to respond to your posts if you use a meaningful thread title by the way, most people posting here need help, and it's always urgent :smileyhappy:
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
peter_strange

New Contributor
jothi
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Help urgent-Please help me

Hey yes i mean the content protection.could you guide me.In my office they told be to find out Encryption bit length for blackberry Z10.I googled it and i got something about device transport key and content protection keys.Since i'm very new to this one little bit confused.They asking me to write encrptioin algorithm to find the encryption bit length.

Developer
peter_strange

Re: Help urgent-Please help me

Wrong forum - for help with the Z10 clarify your question in the Native forum.