Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
mrdialect2012
My Device: bold 9700

Hi Guys, Im trying to deploy my blackberry app to appworld, whenever I submit my application however I get this message back

Dear App World Vendor,

While processing your application, Release '2.0' from your product 'TicTacToeID7’, for inclusion into BlackBerry App World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue.

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release. There is an icon issue after installing your application on the BlackBerry Smartphones devices, (it appears as a ‘ unknown' icon). Please make sure the icon size is 48x48.

Once these issue(s) have been corrected I will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry App World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue(s) please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visit http://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support.

Anyone have any idea on what this means, I've tried asking blackberry but they arent responding?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Hi Guys, Im trying to deploy my blackberry app to appworld, whenever I submit my application however I get this message back

do you have an application icon set in your app descriptor? does it have the 48x48 size?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
mrdialect2012

Re: Hi Guys, Im trying to deploy my blackberry app to appworld, whenever I submit my application however I get this message back

I do, how would I get it 48 x 48, I'm using paint currently to set the size and there doesnt appear a dimension covering that.

Developer
simon_hain

personally i use paint.net, a free alternative with much more functionality.
in windows paint you use attributes (ctrl+e) to define the size.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
mrdialect2012

Thanks, were talking pixels right?

Developer
simon_hain

yes, 48 is in pixels, and 48x48 means "48 pixels in width, 48 pixels in height"
@SimonHain on twitter