Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Horizontal scrolling issue in Grid Control

Hi All

I am developing the Grid Control, it is having one Horizontalmanager for Header display,
And the same number of vertical manager as the number of columns in the Grid. So, for, 6 columns I will have 6
vertical manager and I am adding these managers to a Horizontal manager, and adding this Horizontal manager to
a main Vertical Manager. And finally adding Header Manager and main Vertical Manager to screen.

So, my grid will have 6 columns in it,
I want to display say only 3 colums on screen, it is working fine, now what I want to do is when I scroll horizontlly
in right direction, I want to display the next 3 columns of the Grid(i.e from column 4 to 6) on the screen.
I want to do this is because, if I placed my grid control somewhere at center of screen, and there are some other field on top of it,
So, now when I scroll horizontally through grid, other fields which are at top of grid disappears. So, I just want to fix my screen,
So other fields which are at top of screen should not move and only my grid control should scroll horizontally.

Am I clear to you all?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Horizontal scrolling issue in Grid Control

[ Edited ]

There are a couple of approaches you could use.  You could place your columns in their own HorizontalFieldManager that supports horizontal scrolling and leave the header section in a separate manager that does not support scrolling.

Or you can add and remove the VerticalFieldManagers from your HorizontalFieldManager.  This means capturing the navigationMovemet method when a user scrolls.

Here are a couple of samples that may help.

How To - Create a screen with stationary headings
Article Number: DB-00510

How To - Create tabbed view screens
Article Number: DB-00582

Message Edited by MSohm on 09-02-2008 12:51 PM
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker