Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
halremawa
My Device: Bold 2
Accepted Solution

Hot Swap not working

Hello community

I've looked around, to no avail, and this has taken far, far too much time to settle. Bear in mind I'm no expert with the java/eclipse development environment, so what might seem routine to you would not to me.

I've had a project which depends on another, I make a change to the base project and it used to reflect fine. Now though, I have to restart before changes made to the base project work. I've tried upgrading, recopying the projects to new empty workspaces/projects, nothing seems to work, and no info on why it fails. Hot swap has just stopped working. Bear in mind that if I make a change to the main project, hot swap works. Any ideas

eclipse 3.7.2

bb plugin in 2.0

jdk 6 and 7

Thanks

New Contributor
halremawa

Re: Hot Swap not working

More info, with another simulator, when I try hot swap, it says the linked module cannot be found

New Contributor
halremawa

And now I've combined the projects, hot swap doesn't work at all...

I will try another simulator soon, but this is perplexing. I would imagine something to do with size, but the project reloads properly if the simulator is reloaded. And hot swap works for other projects. Any ideas?

Maybe I could revert to 1.3, since that worked fine..
New Contributor
halremawa

And it didn't work in other simulator.

Reverted to 1.3, now it works

That was nasty, perhaps someone could figure out the source? Or did I miss something obvious? It cost us a lot of valuable time...

Kudos