Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How To - Implement a background push listener and UI component for an application

Does anybody have an example on how to implement Article DB-00157 (How To - Implement a background push listener and UI component for an application) ? or some advice?

The two application needs to reference each other which causes the following error:

Error starting [application]: Can't find entry point

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How To - Implement a background push listener and UI component for an application

take a look at these articles, they might help:
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800783/How_To_...

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800620/How_To_...

if at least one program is a background process that is always running i would consider to use global events instead of the runtime store.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

Re: How To - Implement a background push listener and UI component for an application

Thanks Simon!

I'm now having some difficulties with the DB-00406 example. What's the step-by-step to make this code into a project that builds? I have create two java files FolderListenerGUI.java and FolderListenerApp.java from the listing and loaded them into two separate projects.

FolderListenerGUI: "FolderListenerApp cannot be resolved" ???

Highlighted
New Developer

Put both the .java files in the same project.